- This event has passed.
Hull Film Festival: Tell It to the Bees
Tue 2nd Jul 2019 @ 6:30 pm£6 – £8
Annabel Jankel | 2018 | UK | 106 mins | No cert (TBC) Entry 18+ | English language | Drama/Romance
The Scotland of 1952 is no place for the fainthearted. When mill worker Lydia (Holliday Grainger) is abandoned by her philandering husband, she struggles to pay the rent and feed herself and son
Charlie (Gregor Selkirk). Local doctor Jean (Anna Paquin) is one of the few to help and a friendship develops that blossoms into a romance that will scandalise the town.
Director Annabel Jankel has crafted a sensitive adaptation of the Fiona Shaw novel that captures oppressive small-town life and the way love has the power to challenge narrow minds and deep-rooted prejudices.
Anna Paquin, Holliday Grainger, Gregor Selkirk, Euan Mason
“A sweet but sedate romance, anchored by a terrific turn from Holliday Grainger.” – Lewis Knight, Daily Mirror
See more of the festival at www.hullfilmfestival.co.uk
Save up to £68 by purchasing a Full Festival Pass. To purchase click here.
Hull Independent Cinema members receive discounts for Hull Film Festival tickets. To purchase an annual membership, please click here.
Programme details and tickets
• All films run without adverts and trailers and will be preceded by a short introduction from the festival team.
• The screening room opens 10-15 minutes before the programme begins, although the venue is open earlier.
• Hull Film Festival reserves the right to refuse admission to audience members arriving after the advertised start time.
• Tickets are unreserved seating – seat choice is first come, first served, upon doors opening, access to the VIP leather seating will be prioritised for Full Festival Passholders.
• Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
• Tickets are not available from the Vue Cinema website or box office on-site, and are not included in Vue’s £4.99 ticket deal.
• Advance tickets can only be purchased by phone or online, not in person.
• Tickets can be bought from the Hull Film Festival stand at Vue Cinema Hull 30 minutes prior to the start of a performance.