The Hull Trinity House Tour
Mon 14th Sep 2020 @ 9:45 am£5
The £5 charge is for an official Hull Trinity House booklet, which will be given to each attendee at the venue prior to the tour. The actual tour is free, but a Hull Box Office ticket must be shown to gain admittance.
*Tickets are not available for purchase in advance from Hull Trinity House*
Long regarded as one of the Hull’s best-kept secrets, Hull Trinity House is opening its’ doors to the public.
Tours are conducted by a dedicated team of Master Mariners & volunteers and last about 1 hour 45 minutes.
Come and learn about our history dating back to 1369 when Hull, formerly known as Wyke until 1299, was still a developing town. See rare and valued artefacts which include nautical memorabilia, furniture, artworks and treasures from around the globe.
Revel in the splendour of the various rooms on display including the fabulous Court Room with its gold leaf adorned ceiling and the Council Room with its’ traditional floor covering. View the renowned 400-year-old Arctic canoe display. Discover our beautiful chapel and its history.
Note that tours are only available on selected Mondays. Reserve your tickets here today on the Hull Box Office website and, most importantly, do read our terms and conditions.
*Terms and Conditions*
In addition to the terms and conditions in force and regulated by Hull Box Office, the following terms and conditions are specific to the venue named as Hull Trinity House, HU1 2JG:
1. Strictly No Smoking on the premises.
2. Strictly no consumption of any food and/or drink on the premises.
3. Photography of any kind is strictly forbidden.
4. Tickets are valid for 1 visit only on the day indicated at time of purchase. Tickets are not available for purchase from Hull Trinity House
5. Guests must follow all instructions from guides and stay with their allotted party at all times.
6. In the event of an emergency, evacuation procedures will be activated by the guides and must be followed at all times.
7. Valid & reasonable requests for refunds due to unforeseen circumstances will be considered on case by case evaluation and as agreed with Hull Box Office.
8. Cancellations etc. should be made through Hull Box Office.
9. Hull Trinity House accepts no liability for lost or stolen property whilst on the premises. Personal security remains the responsibility of the individual.
10. Tours are on selected Mondays only with a start time of 0945 and 1300 hours prompt. Doors will be shut at this time and latecomers will not be able to gain access. It is the visitor’s responsibility to be on time for the tour.
11. Access to Trinity House, for the tour only, will be through the (manned) blue door(s) at the corner of Trinity House Lane and Posterngate. Visitors will then be directed to the Reception area.
12. The £5 charge is for an official Hull Trinity House booklet, which will be given to each attendee prior to the tour. The actual tour is free, but a HBO ticket must be shown to gain admittance.
13. Please note that the number of visitors per tour is strictly limited to 36. Each tour party will be split into 3 groups of 12 persons maximum, with the groups being assigned as per ticket sale number (i.e. 1-12, 13-24, 25-36).
*Venue is regrettably considered unsuitable for infirm or disabled persons due to the different floor levels throughout the building, and as disabled facilities are not available. Note that steps and staircases will be encountered throughout the visit.*
The tour is considered unsuitable for young children under 11 years.
*Guests must refrain from sitting on furniture, touching or handling any of the displays within The House.*